CheckPoints PRIZE Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
OPEN TO legal residents of any one (1) of the fifty (50) United states or the district of columbia who are at least thirteen (13) year of age as of their initial date of participation in the sweepstakes
Participants in the Sweepstakes agree that they have read, understood and accepted these Official Rules and agree to be bound by them, including all eligibility requirements and decisions of the Sponsor. We recommend that you print out and keep a copy of the Official Rules for future reference.
1. SWEEPSTAKES TYPE: CheckPoints PRIZE Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") are available in two forms: "Limited Time" and "Limited Entry". Limited Time Sweepstakes run for a designated period of time, with defined start and end dates as noted inside the CheckPoints App; for example, a Limited Time Sweepstakes might be noted as running from Friday, 6/28/13, through Thursday, 7/4/13; this indicates that this sweepstakes starts at the beginning of the first day (12:00AM on 6/28/13) and finishes at the end of the second day (11:59PM on 7/4/13), meaning this particular Sweepstakes will complete a full 7-day time period. Limited Entry sweepstakes are defined by the maximum number of entrants that will be accepted into a Sweepstakes; once this Sweepstakes has reached its maximum, no more entries will be distributed.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The "Sweepstakes Period" for Limited Time Sweepstakes is defined by the total time period that a Sweepstakes runs; during this time period, a user can redeem for as many tickets as are allowed for that particular Sweepstakes. Once the Sweepstakes reaches its end date (as noted in the CheckPoints App), the "Sweepstakes Period" will be over. The "Sweepstakes Period" for Limited Entry Sweepstakes is defined by the time period during which the Sweepstakes has not yet reached its maximum number of entrants; during this period, a user can redeem for as many tickets as are allowed in the Sweepstakes, until the maximum number of entries has been reached.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two ways to enter:
1) During the Sweepstakes Period, an eligible user may redeem the noted number of "CheckPoints" in the CheckPoints App to obtain a ticket in the Sweepstakes. To redeem CheckPoints for a Sweepstakes, users can click on "Rewards" inside the CheckPoints app, then click any Sweepstakes that are currently available for entry on in the CheckPoints App. Upon redeeming your CheckPoints(s) for an entry, the number of CheckPoints in your account will be reduced accordingly. Or, 2) eligible users can mail a self-addressed, first class postage-paid envelope including his or her handwritten first name, last name, CheckPoints Account Username (or a new username will be assigned by InMarket), address, city, state, ZIP code, and the name of the Sweepstakes they would like to be entered into, in blue or black ink, to: "InMarket Sweepstakes Mail in Entry" P.O. Box 201, Venice, CA 90291 ("Mail-in Request"). Vermont residents with a return address in Vermont may omit return postage. Mail-in Requests received by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period set forth in the Schedule will receive one (1) entry into Sweepstakes indicated on their mail-in request. If a Mail-in Request is received by Sponsor after the Sweepstakes Period set forth in the Schedule has ended, the eligible individual will receive an Entry into the subsequent Sweepstakes running at the time the mail-in request is received by Sponsor, if any, in Sponsor's sole discretion. If A Mail-in Request is received when there is no Sweepstakes running and that Mail-in Request is received within five (5) days of the end of the immediately preceding Sweepstakes, that participant will receive a play in the immediately preceding Sweepstakes. Sponsor will add one entry into the Sweepstakes for the mail-in participant and then notify the mail-in participant whether or not they won using the self-addressed postage-paid envelope provided with the Mail-In Request. If participant is a winner, Sponsor will also provide information about how to learn of the redemption possibilities for the Prize, which may be through a web site or other free method. No mechanical reproductions of Mail-in Requests permitted. Limit one (1) free Entry per person and per valid Mail-in Request. Each Mail-in Request must be mailed separately. Online entry is only available for eligible persons (as defined in Rule 3) with a registered account in the CheckPoints app and who have CheckPoints in their account at time of entry. There is no cost to register, maintain an account or to earn CheckPoints. To register, follow online registration instructions located in Apple iTunes and Google Play stores. For more information, please visit http://www.InMarket.com/terms_of_use.html.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Subject to the requirements stated in the Schedule, the Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of any one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are at least thirteen (13) years of age as of their initial date of participation in the Sweepstakes; provided, however that in our discretion we may deem residents of other jurisdictions eligible if their participation and receipt of a Prize does not violate applicable law or result in Sponsor becoming subject to any affirmative obligations in a jurisdiction other than the United States (e.g., taxes, bonding, registration, liability, etc.). Employees, directors, officers, members, managers, agents and contractors of Sponsor or the advertising and promotion agencies or prize providers involved in the Sweepstakes, and each of their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and divisions (collectively, the "Promotion Entities") and their immediate family members and those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to participate. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, "immediate family members" are defined as spouse, domestic partner, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren. The Sweepstakes is void in all U.S. territories, possessions, and overseas military installations and VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. All rights and responsibilities of a minor under the Official Rules are conferred and assumed respectively by the minor's parent or legal guardian in representation of the minor.
5. RANDOM DRAWING: Winners will be selected in a random computer-processed drawing from among all eligible online and mail-in entries received. For Limited Time Sweepstakes, the drawing will be conducted by Sponsor's computer within one week after the Time Period of the Sweepstakes ends. For Limited Entry Sweepstakes, the drawing will be conducted by Sponsor's computer within one week after the Sweepstakes has reached its maximum number of entries (also defined as within one week after the Time Period of the Sweepstakes ends). One winner will be chosen from all eligible entries received for both Limited Time and Limited Entry Sweepstakes. The Winner will be notified by either e-mail, mail, or telephone (or his/her parent or legal guardian where the selected Winner has not reached the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence will be required). The return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Potential winners who have not reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence shall require parental consent to accept any prize.
6. PRIZE: Each Sweepstakes will have one (1) Grand Prize; this Grand Prize will be disclosed and can include items such as an Electronic Gift Card ("eGift Card") or Physical Gift Card ("Gift Card") in a denomination of USD, a specific quantity of CheckPoints, or a physical object. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. Limit one prize per family/household. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
7. GENERAL RULES: All taxes and fees resulting from acceptance of prize are the responsibility of winner. By entering Sweepstakes, Entrant (or Entrant's parent/legal guardian if any Entrant is deemed a minor in the state/province or country of his/her residence) accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters. By accepting prize, winner (or winner's parent/legal guardian if any winner is deemed a minor in the state/province or country of his/her residence) agrees to hold Sponsor, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees and assigns ("Licensed Parties") harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use or redemption of prize. Participants consent to the use of their names, pictures, likenesses, voices, biographical data, and/or any information contained in their entry in advertising, promotion and marketing materials throughout the world, including on the Internet, by the Sponsor, its promotional partners and third-party marketing entities, without additional compensation, notice, review, or approval, and each participant releases each of the Licensed Parties from any and all liability related thereto. Sponsor reserves the right to require a photo of the winner as a requirement before prize is released. Nothing contained in these Official Rules obligates the Licensed Parties to make use of any of the rights granted herein and winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or late mail, or for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. The Sponsor give no assurance and no promises that the CheckPoints app (or any of the services connected with the Sweepstakes) shall be free from errors or omission nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. If, in the Sponsor's opinion, there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the promotion, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate the Sweepstakes in a manner deemed reasonable by the Sponsor, at the Sponsor's sole discretion. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of a potentially winning online entrant, entries made by internet will be declared made by the name on the online entry form. Potential winner may be required to show verifiable proof of identity. All federal and state laws apply.
8. DISPUTES; GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, the entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of actions arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize shall be resolved on an individual basis without resort to any form of class action.
Any and all disputes, claims and causes of actions shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of California, or the appropriate California State Court located in Los Angeles County, California. Any issues or questions of construction, interpretation, validity, or enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and/or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rule which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees. Entrant (or Entrant's parent/legal guardian if any Entrant is deemed a minor in the state or country of his/her residence) hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
9. WINNER'S LIST: For the name of the winner, available the day after the Time Period of the Sweepstakes has ended, send a self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to: CheckPoints Sweepstakes, P.O Box 201, Venice, CA 90291. Include on the lower left hand corner of the envelope the month of the Sweepstakes.
10. ODDS OF WINNING: For Limited Time Sweepstakes, the odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received. For Limited Entry Sweepstakes, the odds of winning will depend on the number of maximum entries allowed.
11. SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
SPONSOR: InMarket LLC, Venice, CA 90291